If you never used the Gamecube controller Steam earlier then you must need to use it for better playing. If you don’t know about the process of how to use Gamecube controller on steam then you have to read this article till the end to understand all the basic details properly.
All the gamers who play the games will have more fun and pleasure when you start using steam. Also, lots of people don’t know that if your PC supports the Xbox 360 controllers then the GameCube Controller will work on your system in an easy and effective manner.
The Gamecube controller will provide lots of features such as wireless connections and also motion-sensing technology as well to the users.
How to Use GameCube Controller On Steam?
Before we get into the details and process about how to use the GameCube controller on steam, we are required to know more about the GameCube controller connection with the steam. So, you only need to keep reading this whole article till the end by which you will be able to gather mostly all the details in a very simple and quick manner.
How Does the GameCube Controller Function With Steam?
By using the USB adapter, it is really easy and simple to use the GameCube controller for a long time on the Switch in the dock mode. Also, the GCN has some of the buttons and also some of the features as compared to the Joy-Cons or the Switch Pro. Rocket League will work after some control configurations in the menu of the settings.
Some of the Games like The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild will play but they are limited as they do not have as many buttons.
It will work but in a limited manner because of having very few keys. Also, some of the features which you will not find on the GameCube controller as compared to the switch controller are:
- No clickable analgesic sticks: Basically, these sticks will generally get used for sprinting, ducking, or also for zooming in or out. Also, on the Gamecube controller, you will not find out any of the L3 or R3 buttons.
- No Shoulder button: It will feature three shoulder buttons only and the L key function will be denied on this controller.
- No recording and home button: You can not be able to get on the home screen in an easy manner until you are having or using the pro controller or the right-joy con.
- No NFC: On the Gamecube’s inception, the NFC and also amiibos were so far and by having the different time frames, you will not expect the GameCube controller in terms to support the feature of NFC.
- Rubble Function: In terms of using the rumble function, you are required to use the gray USB plug adapter to get plugged in. Also, the switch games are mainly designed for the HD rumble function which is mainly based upon the game and the rumble function is mainly weak on the GameCube controller as well.
How to Use Gamecube Controller On Steam?
First of all, you are required to install the Wii U USB GCN Adapter or the vJoy Device driver in your system and then you need to install the x360ce as well. After this, you will have to enable the GameCube Driver and have to configure the x360ce and then you have to add some of the necessary files into the steam game folder.
You don’t need to worry about the process as this article will help you to get to know the complete process of how to use the Gamecube controller on Steam in an easy manner.
Step 1: Install Wii U USB GCN Adapter / vJoy Device Driver
- At the very first step, you have to download the Wii U USB GCN adapter latest version.
- When it gets downloaded successfully then you have to click on the set-up file and then you have to run the installation.
- When prompted then you have to pick up the location and install it and you can also be able to select the shortcut preference if required and then add a desktop shortcut.
- When the installation process gets completed then a new window appears which is named Zadig. You can simply follow the instructions which appear on the display and then you have to make a click on the options button which appears at the top left side and then you have to select the option of all devices.
- Now, you need to select the WUP-028 option from the default windows drop-down menu.
- You need to make sure that the 057E and 0337 are what are on the USB ID boxes.
- Now, you have to make a click on the replace driver option which appears in the center of the window. When it is prompted then you have to make a click on the Yes button to confirm the settings simply.
- Now, simply quit the windows, and then the vJoy device driver setup will appear. You need to make a click on the next or install button to complete the process.
In some of the cases, you may face an error which is “Unable to execute file…” Click Ok to ignore the message and then this error will not affect its functions.
Step 2: Install x360ce
Here in this method, you are required to use the x360ce GameCube config in order to get your controller to be remembered as the Xbox 360 gamepads. Also, the steam will be able to get a huge library of 360 compatible games.
- You have to open the x360ce website and then you need to download both of the versions like 32-bit or 64-bit. You can simply be able to download the links from the top of the page.
- Now, you have to simply unzip the files in two different folders to identify them easily.
- Then you are required to install both of the versions at the same time and then make a click on any of the warning windows which appear and then you have to click on the create icon. By doing this, it will generate the required tiles and also it will close the warning as well.
- Now, a new device detected windows appear and it means that it is picking up the vJoy device and wants to get configured.
- You have to select the search automatically for the settings icon and then make a click on the search the internet option and then make a click on the Next button.
- If you see that another new device detected window will open then you have to make a click on the next or finish button all the time when it appears on the display.
After following the above-given steps, the controller emulator window opens and if you see three or four green squares or a controller then you need to know that the x360ce is picking the adapter. If you will not see it then you have to simply restart your device.
Step 3: Enable GameCube Driver/Configure x360ce
When the x360ce gets open then you have to find out the Wii U GCN adapter and then simply launch it. We have already installed it in step 1. You can simply be able to find it out on the desktop or you can also be able to search for it with the help of the window start menu.
- At the time when you open the app then you have to make a click on the start button which appears on the right-hand side.
- Now, you will see a message, and then you have to get back to the x360ce. By using your controllers plugged into their respective ports. You have to make a click on the corresponding controller option of the x360ce and then you need to click on any of the keys and see if it will respond on the display or not.
- Now, you have to enter into the analog stick sensitivity setting and you can simply be able to do this by simply changing the anti-dead setting to 80% and then the dead zone setting to 30%, and you will find these options on the left side.
- These settings will make your controller like the Wii U/Nintendo Switch.
Step 4: Add Your Games to The Steam Game Folder
Mainly we are done now and in terms of enjoying the GameCube controller on the PC, you are required to simply place the x360ce files in the folder of the game. To do this, you have to read and follow the steps which we are sharing below.
- You have to get back to the folder of x360ce and then you will see the 32-bit or the 64-bit and then you have to copy the three files which you have seen there.
- Now, you are required to simply paste those files into the steam game folder, and then you have to follow this direction. Local disc (C:) > Programs files (x86) > Steam > Steamapps > Common > “Game Name”.
If you add the 32-bit x360ce in the 64-bit game folder then you will receive a warning message at the time of opening the game. So, in this case, you are required to simply replace the three files which you have pasted into the 64-bit x360xe version and then do the reverse.
So, we have shared a detailed guide adobe related to the process of how to use GameCube controllers on stream. If this guide is helpful for you and if you have followed all the steps in a careful manner then you will be able to enjoy playing the GameCube controller with steam.
Also, we broke down the complete process into four different steps, and first of all, you are required to install the Wii U USB GCN Adapter / vJoy Device Driver.
Then, you have to install x360ce. After this, you are required to enable the GameCube Driver / Configure x360ce and then at the last, you have to add some of the required files to the steam game folder.
If this article is helpful for you and helps you to understand all the details about the process of how to use Gamecube controller on steam then please let us know by simply dropping your feedback in the below-given comment section so that we will get to know the usefulness of this article.
Also, if you still have any issues or queries related to this process then feel free to connect with us by simply dropping your comment below. We assure you to help you with all your issues and queries. Also, if you find this article useful then share this article with other people so that they also get benefited from this article.